I made this cute little "purse buddy" because I was tired of hunting through my van to find a piece of paper I could jot a few things on. RBD’s new set LISTED has MANY uses and I can’t wait to show you more ideas so keep watching…..
Here is the picture of the outside…..I didn’t put embellishments on the cover as this is meant to go in my purse and I knew they would not last long . I covered some chipboard coasters with SU DSP and used Kiwi Kiss and Basic Grey cardstock to make a divider and cover the inside covers. I inked up Darling Damask (another favourite) and used matching inks to make a pattern on the divider and inside covers.
Sorry the picture isn’t really clear…..need to work on my lighting skills . but you get the idea.
Here are some inside shots………………half of the book is Grocery Lists and the other half is "To Do" Lists so I can make sure to list places I need to go….or sales I don’t want to miss. LOL
This is a close up shot….but you still can’t really see that I perforated the white pieces just before the binding so they would make a nice clean tear-out and used one of the "do dads" from the Listed set to decorate where the coil is. I did use the Zutter Bind-it-All if you are wondering.
Super Cute eh!!! I am going to get my hubby to make a little hole in the end of a golf pencil so I can ribbon it to the coils and it can be stored inside the coils………..no need to be diggin’ for something to write with either!!!
Thanks RBD!!! I will be using this OFTEN!
Don’t miss my matching "coupon buddy" coming soon!
3 years ago when I signed up to be a demonstrator and held my very first Stamp Camp, I asked….errr….begged a 1/2 dozen of my very close friends to come and fill a few empty spots so I could have more than the 3 people I didn’t really know in attendance. In the end, I had a total of 12 ladies and about 10 of them remain my customers to this day. One of my most regular customers, Janet never ceases to amaze me with her cards, scrap pages and project ideas.
Janet decided that she wanted to give her daughter’s preschool teachers a Chapters gift card at the end of the year and wanted something cute to put them in….so she borrowed part of her creation from the Halloween Top-Note treat box that I made and incorporated some coasters and came up with this:
Here is the open view
Her Instructions are as follows………..
Start with the inner box from the tutorial by Angie
- Cut piece of cardstock 8 x 5 1/2
- Score the 8" side at 1", 3 1/2", 4 1/2", 7"
- Turn paper and score 1" in on each side
- Cut all the score marks up to the 1" mark as shown
Outer “Book” Cover
- 2 pieces of 4×4 chipboard coasters, cut down to 4 x 2 ¾
- Round corners with punch
- Cover both sides of both pieces with Designer Series Paper and sand sides down
- Decorate with embellishments as desired.
- Attach to front and back of Box with sticky strip.
- Card stock cut down to 4 x 2 3/8
- With the 2 3/8 side up score at ½ and 1 7/8
- Flip over and put the 4” side up and score between the above listed score marks to make the lines in the spine for that Book Effect.
- Attach a “bookmark” to the inside of the spine
- Attach Spine to base with sticky strip.
NOTE: Be careful when opening for the first time as the spine is stiff.