Feb 05 2009
3 years ago when I signed up to be a demonstrator and held my very first Stamp Camp, I asked….errr….begged a 1/2 dozen of my very close friends to come and fill a few empty spots so I could have more than the 3 people I didn’t really know in attendance. In the end, I had a total of 12 ladies and about 10 of them remain my customers to this day. One of my most regular customers, Janet never ceases to amaze me with her cards, scrap pages and project ideas.
Janet decided that she wanted to give her daughter’s preschool teachers a Chapters gift card at the end of the year and wanted something cute to put them in….so she borrowed part of her creation from the Halloween Top-Note treat box that I made and incorporated some coasters and came up with this:
Here is the open view
Her Instructions are as follows………..
Start with the inner box from the tutorial by Angie
- Cut piece of cardstock 8 x 5 1/2
- Score the 8" side at 1", 3 1/2", 4 1/2", 7"
- Turn paper and score 1" in on each side
- Cut all the score marks up to the 1" mark as shown
- 2 pieces of 4×4 chipboard coasters, cut down to 4 x 2 ¾
- Round corners with punch
- Cover both sides of both pieces with Designer Series Paper and sand sides down
- Decorate with embellishments as desired.
- Attach to front and back of Box with sticky strip.
- Card stock cut down to 4 x 2 3/8
- With the 2 3/8 side up score at ½ and 1 7/8
- Flip over and put the 4” side up and score between the above listed score marks to make the lines in the spine for that Book Effect.
- Attach a “bookmark” to the inside of the spine
- Attach Spine to base with sticky strip.